Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Monday, February 4, 2013

Happy

My goal when the new year began was to be happy and to make my last semester of my undergrad the best it possibly could be.  So far, I've kept that goal.  I am beyond happy because I have gotten to a point in my life where I don't want to waste time being bummed. I make it a priority to work (both academically and professionally), make time for my friends, and to create "me time," (even if it is just going to the gym for an hour).

On Mondays, I have a fairly busy day.  I go to class until 12, then eat lunch with friends, giving me time to catch up with them and just laugh.  I, then, go to the gym for about an hour and a half.  From there I tutor one of my old students from my student teaching experience.  I absolutely LOVE tutoring.  It reassures me that I was born to be a teacher and born to be a positive influence on students.  I have done it for about two weeks now, and cherish every moment I get to spend with this student.  This week was rather special because I was able to meet my friend, and fellow blogger, Olivia Palmer for Happy Hour at Chilli's! We had SUCH a blast catching up and joking around while sipping on a delicious margarita. 

Good friends are something we need to cherish.  I consider myself so lucky for having several good friends, that I can call on a drop of a hat. True friendship.  I have found that at Albertus, and that is something I will never take for granted.

1 comment:

  1. I had such a great time!! Thanks for being AWESOME :) !!!

    ReplyDelete