Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day


On February 14th of every year, people who are in relationships go a little love-crazy and buy extravagant gifts for one another, and those who are single go into a sad, self pity stage.  OY! This bothers me, always has.  I am not one to mope because I am not in a relationship and I’m not one to flaunt if I am in one.  I truly believe that you should show those you love how you feel about them more than once a year, just this blogger’s opinion.

This year, I decided to have the people I care most about over for a little party which I called “Anti- Valentine’s Day.”  My brothers, a few of his friends (who are like brothers to me), and my best friends came to my apartment for the evening.  It was such a blast and I will definitely be doing it again soon. 

My older brothers
Erik and Kevin
I was able to spend my Valentine’s Day with the individuals I care most about, and that is what the holiday is about, right?  No one said that you have to have a significant other to celebrate, or that you have to be miserable if you don’t.  Ladies, go out with your girlfriends and have a girl’s night! Pretend to be the ladies from the famous TV show “Sex and the City.”  I can promise that you will have a ball.  Guys, go out with your buddies… go to the Sportsplex in North Branford and play a few rounds of laser tag!  You don’t need to have a relationship to be with your friends.
My best friends
Mallory (Left) and Shannon (Right)

Erik Bentley, Kevin Bentley, Nick Genung, myself, Shannon Carrigan.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment