Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Albertus Zumba


I really enjoy working out.  Generally, I go to the gym and do the usual: treadmill, elliptical, cross trainer, rowing machine, stairmill, weights, etc.  There is one workout that I love most of all because I do not feel like I’m actually working out: ZUMBA!  It is a dance party that burns so many calories. 

Victoria Gravina, who graduated from Albertus and now works in the Admissions office, is a certified Zumba instructor and runs classes a couple times a week.  On Tuesday, we met for a quick Zumba party!  We danced and laughed for the half hour before I went to class.  Other students saw us in the dance room and decided to join, it was such a blast. I wore my new Polar watch which tracks your heart-rate and calories burned and in a half hour I burned 350 calories. Not bad, huh?!  If you are interested in joining the party and workout with us, we are meeting Friday (February 1) at 4:45 PM in the dance room!  Hope to see you there! J
Emily Matousek, myself, and Victoria Gravina after our dance party!

No comments:

Post a Comment