Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Falcon for a Day!


On Thursday February 21st, the Albertus community welcomed some of the accepted students that may join us next year! The day started off with lunch in the TAG building, where Dean O’Connell addressed the students and encouraged them to be a Falcon.  Students sat with professors and tour guides and got our point of view the campus. 
 

                A student from Daniel Hand High School immediately caught my attention because he looked so familiar.  I worked in his classroom in the spring of 2012!  Shout out to Tyler Burzenski who stuck with my group all day!  It is such a small world and I am so happy he is excited to join the AMC family in the fall.  Five students were able to lead a discussion forum where we answered questions and gave our honest opinion on things.   We talked about our favorite staff members, time management, class schedules, and other questions first year students may have.  From there, Olivia Palmer and I led a tour around the campus.  After the tour the students were able to experience a mock class.  I stuck around with my students because I really enjoyed their company.  We concluded the day with pizza and trivia led by the Student Government Association. 

                I loved this event because students were able to see the campus on a regular day.  They truly were a Falcon for a day!  I valued the experience too, especially as a senior.  I won’t get to see these students on campus next year so I consider myself lucky to be able to talk about my experience at Albertus Magnus College.  It was a great day and I loved every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment