Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Forty-nine days to go!

The fifty days of my student teaching officially began today. The funny thing was that I could not even worry about my lessons because I have spent the last three weeks stressing, that I had absolutely no energy left to do so. My lessons went well! I taught two freshmen classes and they seemed to respond well to me being in the front of the classroom. The butterflies kicked in right before I needed to speak. I was concerned that I would not be able to draw my students in and that I would not be able to fill the entire class period. I am so happy that the lessons went well. Relief was the only emotion I felt as I walked out of DHHS today.


I’m thankful that I have had so many people tell me I can do this. I do not always have the most confidence in my abilities but everyone else does, they truly have an unfailing faith in me. Who can say that? That more than one person believes in you so much? I’m so lucky. I feel encouraged, motivated, and inspired by the people who have helped me get to this point. I will never be able to fully communicate my appreciation for my friends, family, professors, teachers, advisors, and mentors. I am going to push through this stressful yet rewarding experience and make everyone proud but also, myself. I’ve gotten to this point with hard work, dedication, and strength.
The road to a degree is a hard and rocky one at times, but once you get that good grade, that awesome internship, a good student teaching experience; you feel on top of the world. There have been many times where I did not think I could handle the stress and the work load of being a college student, but look at me now! I’m a college senior, working three part time jobs, student teaching, getting good grades, and working towards making a difference. Don’t give up, that’s my advice to every student. If you want to go to college and you’re not sure how you will pay for it, don’t give up, you’ll find a way to reach your goals. If you’re a college student struggling to get the grades, ask for help and work hard, you can do this. Everything you’re doing is worth it! (Sorry, I get a little cheesy at times!) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment