Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Monday, September 24, 2012

Busy Weekend!

Sorry it has been so long since my last post, I have been nursing myself back to health! I ended up having laryngitis and a sinus infection. It has been such a terrible week just because I haven’t been able to move at all! I am now feeling a little bit better, still coughing and wheezing, but my fever that I’ve had for three days broke late this morning. I was so relieved for that! I was supposed to take over my freshmen classes this week but my health kind of ruined that idea, so I will start on Monday.
I did have a busy weekend, which probably didn’t help my illness. On Friday night, I went home to New London for a work meeting. Saturday morning, I worked as a tour guide in the Admissions office. I gave tours to two great families. They were such a joy to spend my morning with. After that I went back to my apartment and relaxed before having to head to my new job which is at Elevate/ Alchemy in New Haven. I work in the front of the club, just taking emails for their email list. I asked for a job to work at night and I got one! It’s a lot of fun, I get to meet and talk to a lot of new people which is right up my alley! I got out of work around 2:30-2:45 AM and I decided to stay at my friend’s apartment which is much closer to school than my apartment.
I had to be at school for 6:45 AM to head to the Students in Admission Forum at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. The Forum was so much fun and I was able to learn a lot about other schools’ tour guide and blogging programs. It was very interesting and informative. I also was able to meet Sarah Dussault, who I have known of for a while. She is a fitness blogger and Youtuber. I’m not going to lie; I’m kind of a huge fan! Overall, it was a great day and it was fun to spend it with a few other tour guides including Olivia Palmer, who is also a blogger!
On Monday, I did a video interview for Albertus publications. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed telling my story at Albertus. I have had such an amazing experience here that I want to be able to share it with other students and perspective students. If you get involved and have fun, your experiences and opportunities will expand. What will YOUR story be at Albertus? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment