Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Friday, November 2, 2012

New Blog Space!

Welcome to my new blog! I'm just learning how to use Blogger so please excuse my sad excuse for a layout!
Since my last post (on my other blog!) a lot has happened! I am officially done with the first half of my student teaching experience. Five weeks certainly went quickly! This last week would have been week six but because of the hurricane, DHHS has been closed all week. Madison took a very hard beating from Sandy and most of the town is without power.
Hurricane Sandy was a crazy storm. My hometown, New London, had some serious damage especially down by the water. The beach washed up onto the road, beaches were destroyed, and many are without power. My family's home was extremely lucky and only lost power for about a half hour. We also lost our shed; it blew away with the high winds, everything in it stayed though! Our fence was destroyed too, so my dogs are a little upset that they can't wander around the backyard at the moment. At my apartment in Middletown, we did not have any damage at all. My roommate and I were watching movies throughout the entire storm. At some points, we felt our house shaking from the high wind speeds, but nothing big occurred. We went for a walk the next day and there were some branches down but our town was lucky.
Having this week off has given me plenty of time to recollect myself. I was able to catch up on some much needed sleep, get ahead in lesson plans, and spend time with friends. I'm thankful that my friends and family were safe through the storm and I hope all of you were as well.
 
If you are free Saturday afternoon (November 3rd) the Men’s Soccer team is playing Norwich University in the GNAC Championship Game!  The game is at Albertus Magnus College at 1 PM Come out and support the team! GO FALCONS!
Good luck, boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment