Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Friday, November 16, 2012

Open House 2012

On Saturday, Albertus Magnus College held its Open House to perspective students and their families.  Prior to the event, I was asked to give a speech about how I chose Albertus and my experience here.  I was truly honored to be asked.  I spoke about how Albertus was the only true choice for me and the positive impact the community, the classes, and the professors have had on me. 

The morning began with a breakfast luncheon, where I was able to sit with President McNamara, Nilvio Perez, and a few other distinguished members of the college community.  It was great to speak with them on a casual level.  I was extremely nervous to speak (who wouldn’t be?!)  but they calmed me down and reassured me that I would do great.  When it was time for me to speak, I spoke as though I was conversing with my little sister as she was visiting colleges.  I spoke from the heart and wanted them to understand the spirit of the campus.  I was shaking throughout the entire speech, but I hid it! 

When I was done, several families came up to me to tell me how good I did and how inspirational I was.  I did not expect this at all but it made me feel as though I made a difference.  I hope that my words made an impact and encouraged these perspective students to look into Albertus a little further.  AMC is such a unique place, you become a family and it is truly special. 

How did you choose Albertus if you are a current student? 
To perspective students: What are you looking for in a college?

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them! I’d love to discuss Albertus with you! J

No comments:

Post a Comment