Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Last Day of Orientation

Orientation 2009
 
 
Today was the last day of Orientation! It was such a great experience and I am very proud of the Student Orientation Counselors! They had to pick up the slack while I was student teaching during the day and they did a wonderful job. The returning students moved back today and tt was great to see all the people I have grown attached to over the last few years.
I received my first grade book and my staff parking permit today. It made me feel so… official and important. It really doesn’t seem real… I’m a senior? I’m a student teacher? WHERE DID THE LAST THREE YEARS GO?! I have to admit, I am rather excited to be at this point in my life, but I can’t believe how quickly it came. I remember my Orientation. I was so eager to move in and meet all of my classmates. I came to school that day wearing my new Albertus Magnus College shirt and a HUGE smile. My SOC was awesome… Tiffany Williams… (HI TIFF!!!) She made me feel a part of the community, immediately. She is a huge reason as to why I became a SOC my sophomore year. I wanted other people to have the same experience that I did. The first night… I spent in the common room of McAuliffe Hall with my new friends. Sam Farley was the first person I hung out with. It seems like it was yesterday.
I have decided that green tea will be my new best friend. I wake up before the sun, five days a week. I’m really hoping my body adjusts to that because 5 AM comes rather quickly. This student teaching experience is going to be a journey. Mrs. Landa, my cooperating teacher is so supportive and encouraging. She makes sure that I have all the information I need so that I may be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment