Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Albertus Magnus College Student Blogger

Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27th

My alarm went off… 5:00 AM! I’m a student teacher today.
 

The entire ride to the school was spent calming my nerves, telling myself I can do it, and remembering all the kind and encouraging comments I received from friends, family, former teachers, and the faculty at Albertus.

When I started to walk through the hallway, I became completely overwhelmed, and there were so many students hugging and catching up. I reached Lisa Landa’s classroom and I began to calm down. My juniors were first and we had a shortened class period. It happened so quickly, it was kind of a blur. Freshmen entered the classroom next and I felt the same way as them: shy, meek, and nervous. After their class, I perked up and felt more comfortable.
This was day one. I am officially back in high school but on the other side.
 I’m the teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment